Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feature Request GR-1: "play reverse" mode for grains

I find that I often would like to play grains reverse. Especially the grains from percussive sounds are still quite recognizable. I helped myself using reversed samples, but a cahnging the play direction of the grains in real time would be much cooler.

Perhaps with the direction beeing modulatable:
* modsource-value >= 0 is play forward
* modsource-value < 0 is play backward

For CV the threshold might be 2.5 Volt

Comments

• for long grains it makes sense, yes. we had this idea in the early stages of development. but it didn't make it in the end. we'll see what we can do..
  • play reverse would be a great feature to add
  • +1 for this feature. Would also be great if grains could be played both normal and reversed within the same patch randomly, similar to what happens in Tom Erbe's ++bubbler plugin (http://www.soundhack.com/)
  • Hi natchez, the random fwd/rew-play is a very nice idea! I support that!
  • yes, that seems like a good one. we'll need to get cracking on that expander device to add some extra knobs for this. :)
  • In regards of the handling: isn't the shift-cutoff and shift-resonance still unused?
  • shift resonance is patch volume unfortunately. have to think a bit about what's most user-friendly..