Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As FX unit

Apologies if this has been covered to exhaustion, but I was wondering about specifically utilizing the GR-1 as a dedicated effects unit. I've watched the YouTube video of course with the audio interfacce. Some questions:

1. Is direct streaming from USB supported for complete master tracks (4 min+ at 16bit mono)? If so, are there performance concerns with buffering, etc.

2. From the manual, I see access to FX1 and FX2 with options for distortion, delay, reverb, etc. What is the extensive list of all available effects. I think you can get to filtering and such with dependencies on other effects first. Obviously there is pitch as well.

Obviously, this synth is much more than a dedicated FX box but looking for something more unique and interesting than a Kaoss pad or Pioneer RMX. Would love delay, reverb, filter, and of course the granular goodies.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited September 21
    Hi!

Thanks for your interest.

1. At this moment it's 2 minutes at 16 bit mono per "patch". In theory the GR-1 engine supports more than 6 minutes, but.. its storage system limits it to 2 minutes for now.

2. Yes, there's distortion, delay, reverb, and a "reducer" for bit and sample rate reduction. Just one of these effects can be active, but sub-oscillator and filter can be used in parallel with the effect. For details see https://tastychips.nl/downloads/User-manual-GR-1-v1.5.1.pdf , page 30 onwards.