Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GR-1 Sample playback

Hi everyone, new here and have been following the progress of this amazing synth for a long time. I have one question that I can't seem to find, does the GR-1 allow you to play back a sample without adding grains to it? Like if I wanted to play a synth sound polyphonically? Thanks so much!

Comments

• It wasn't designed for this purpose, but you can exploit "audition mode" (shift+play) to get such results.
  • Thanks so much for the reply, that is great news. So if you have a midi keyboard connected, can you play with the 12 voices and play the sample polyphonic while it's being auditioned? will it stop or continue from the start every time you press a new note? Like if I had a short piano sample. Thanks so much again!
  • Yes, that's completely possible. But stuff like modulation doesn't really work on it, since it was intended to be a preview mode. But since there have been multiple requests to make the GR-1 more like a sampler, we'll try to facilitate. ;)
  • That's fantastic news! I'm definitely putting a deposit down soon. Thank you so much for answering my questions, I really appreciate it.